Registration General Information
The Darkness Beneath: Caving Tasmania, the 31st Australian Speleological Federation Conference will be held in Tasmania 30 December 2018 to 4 January 2019. Registration for the Conference will be through an online form with payment via direct deposit or cheque due after registration is completed. You can register up to 4 people individually per registration form please follow the instructions on each page carefully. Please note that the registration costs will be grouped together and a single payment due.
Account Name: Northern Caverneers
Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB: 633 000
Account Number: 162 116 040
Description: Reference Number (from email)
Payee: Northern Caverneers Inc.
(include Reference Number from email in envelope)
Post to: Northern Caverneers
PO BOX 315
The registration form will include:
- Contact information
- Presentation/Author registration (oral or poster) – NOTE: Oral presentations closed.
- Merchandise pre-order – NOTE: Orders close 1 November 2018
- Booking on-site camping at Conference Venue (Reece High School, Devonport) – NOTE: powered campsites full, bookings for un-powered sites close 10 December 2018.
- Expression of interest for restricted cave access
** Please note, once a registration form has been submitted please contact us to make any changes at email@example.com. **
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register.
|Conference Fees||Early Bird (up to 30 September 2018)||Full Price (after 30 September 2018)|
|Full Conference – ASF Member||$230 pp||$280 pp|
|Full Conference – non ASF Member||$250 pp||$300 pp|
|Full Conference – Partners||–||$170 pp|
|Full Conference – Children 8 – 16||–||$100 pp|
|Single Day Registration||–||$50 pp|
|Single Day Registration – Children 8 – 16||–||$20 pp|
|Children under 8||–||Free|
|Cavers Dinner Only||–||$50 pp|
The registration categories are defined below:
- Early Bird: Any registrant who has completed the registration form and paid the registration price by 30 September 2018.
- Full: Any registrant who is not a student, partner or child.
- Child: Any registrant under 16 years of age.
- Partner: A registrant who will not be attending the general presentations (partners presentations exempt) but may choose to participate in the social activities including Welcome Barbecue, Wednesday night activity and Cavers Dinner.
- Single Day: Includes presentations, morning/afternoon tea and lunch. Additional costs will apply for Welcome Barbecue, Wednesday night activity and Cavers Dinner.
- Cavers Dinner Only: Anyone wishing to attend the dinner who is not registered for the conference can register to attend the Conference Dinner on Friday 4 January 2019. NOTE: The dinner is included in the Registration Fee (including children and students), excluding Single Day Registration.
Registration includes: lunches, morning and afternoon tea, the Welcome Barbecue, Wednesday evening activities (dinner at Wings Wildlife Park, Gunns Plains Cave tour/concert – a discounted entry fee will apply for those wishing to tour the wildlife park) and the Cavers Dinner. See Single Day category above for exceptions.
Information for Authors/Presenters
Presenters will be able to register their intent to present when completing the registration form. Further information and details are available on the Presenters Information page of the website.
Registration for Excursions
Details for the exciting excursions and field trips on offer before, during and after the Conference can be found in the Excursions & Field Trips menu.
For certain restricted access caves there will be a check box in the registration form to indicate an expression of interest in attending a field trip to these caves. This will not guarantee you a place on a trip but it will help us in planning and attempting to cater to as many people as possible.
Pre-Conference Field Trips can be booked by contacting the Excursions Coordinator directly. Participants will be able to register for Post-Conference Field Trips and mid-Conference Field Trips directly at the Conference. For any interest in caving in the south of Tasmania Pre or Post-Conference please contact the trip leader directly prior to the Conference.
On-site camping will be available at the venue, Reece High School from 30 December 2018 to 5 January 2019 (i.e. 6 nights). Further information and details can be found under the Planning Your Visit – Accommodation Options section of the website. You can book how many nights and how many people through the registration form. NOTE: the limited powered campsites are now full, bookings for un-powered sites close 10 December 2018.
Costs of On-Site Camping ($/person/night)
|Child (under 16)||Free||Free|
|Total for Conference (6 nights) / 1 person||$60||$90|
Photographic Competition (digital)
A photographic competition will be held to encourage and recognise new and experienced cave photographers. Entries will be via a web entry system, entries close 1 December 2018. Categories are:
Cavers in Action – Bugs, Beasts & Biology –
Caves (can be chambers, passages or formations) –
Dreamed (fantasy or surreal of caves or caving) – Entrances – Fun & humour
We are producing a range of clothing pieces in a variety of colours in both men’s and women’s sizes. Conference Merchandise will be available for order when registration opens, orders close 1 November 2018.
A limited number of grants are available to assist members to attend the conference.
Grants are primarily for people who have been a member of the ASF for less than five years and who have not attended a previous ASF conference. A 15 min presentation at the conference is a requirement of receiving a grant. Further information can be found at the bottom of the Presenter’s Information page.
Applications close: 1 September 2018
31st Australian Speleological Federation Conference Cancellation Policy
Life can change in unexpected directions and our cancellation policy acknowledges this.
- Registration fees: Fully refundable up until 15 November 2018 and 50% refundable up until 10 December 2018. No refunds after that date.
- Merchandise: Fully refundable up until 10 October 2018. After that date we will be ordering products and refunds will not be available.
- Camping fees: Fully refundable until 30 December 2018.
For any enquiries, please contact: email@example.com