The organising committee are committed and excited to be offering a fun and energetic program which caters not only for the enthusiastic caver but also their partners and families.
More details can be found in the drop-down menu for Excursions & Field Trips.
- Pre-Conference: Before the Conference begins there are two field trips on offer, mountain biking, and caving in Mole Creek. A southern caving trip may also be offered depending on interest and at the discretion of the trip leaders.
- Conference Week Evening Adventures: If you need to stretch your legs after sitting in doors all day there will be kayaking, mountain biking, or a tourist stroll all with in a short distance of the Conference venue on various evenings, depending on interest.
- Conference Week Social Program: Spread over the week we have the Welcome Barbecue, New Year’s Eve on the Foreshore of Devonport (fireworks, food markets, activities), movie and trivia nights, a silent auction and finally the Cavers Dinner (theme: Bedrock city; home of the Flintstones) to close the conference.
- Conference Excursions: On Wednesday 2 January 2019 a range of full day excursions are on offer. These include caving at Gunns Plains, canyoning, wine tours, and a kids day out. The day will finish with everyone converging at Wings Wild Life Park for dinner and following that a tour and cave concert in Gunns Plains Tourist Caves.
- Post-Conference: Multi-day caving field trips are being offered to Tassie’s favourite and varied dark places. Mole Creek, Mount Cripps, Junee-Florentine and Ida Bay. Mole Creek will offer the more extensive program including some family-friendly options.
- Family and Partners: For non-cavers, the North West coast has much to offer – museums, galleries, food trails, bush walking, beaches, mazes and much more. Activities will be scheduled throughout the week.
- Self-Guided Activities: A short distance from the Conference venue interested people can find the maritime museum, the Don River Railway, galleries, distillery, beaches, bike and walking trails and the Mersey Bluff Lighthouse.
Most of the activities and excursions can be signed up for during the Conference, however for Pre-Conference excursions please contact the relevant trip leaders well in advance.